Published: September 10 2011
Chicago Ladies in Comedy!
A panel discussion addressing women's roles in improv and comedy.
Panelists include Jet Eveleth, Tara DeFrancisco, Dina Facklis, Anne
Libera, Katie Rich, Rachael Mason, and Susan Messing.
Saturday, September 10
All-Women's ComedySportz main stage show to follow at 6:00 PM; discounted $10 tickets for forum attendees!
Visit www.ladiesincomedy.org for more information!
Published: August 29 2011
League Of Chicago Theatres
September 1, 2011
Join ComedySportz before the show for a cupcake reception and meet the
cast. Stay for Chicago's #1 improv comedy competition where you get to
shout out your suggestions or raise your hand to get on stage and take
part in the show!
Published: August 25 2011
PROFESSIONAL AUDITIONS FOR COMEDYSPORTZ
The ComedySportz Theatre's next round of auditions will be held
9/4-9/11. This audition is for our Professional Ensemble, Extended
Company, Battle-Prov, and a Fall run of Rec League. We are interested
only in performers with previous improv training. Performance
experience a plus.
If you want to audition, please register online here.
Commitment for New Ensemble Members:
(Ensemble members perform ComedySportz regularly and are given first
consideration for our touring company performances, corporate workshops,
and events marketing / trade show work.)
- Ethnic diversity.
- Access to a car / current driver's license and insurance.
- Singing and dancing ability.
What are the other opportunities mentioned above?
Be able to provide electronic head shot, resume, and bio.
- Attend 8-12 sessions of "New Player Training" (schedule TBA.)
- Watch six ComedySportz shows in their first two months.
- Attend weekly Tuesday evening rehearsals.
- Submit availability for at least four home-shows per week including Saturdays at 6pm.
- Work closely with a mentor for the first six months after New Player Training.
- Accept and apply notes received from ComedySportz leadership.
- Successfully complete a review process after first three months performing.
In the interests of preparing Chicago improvisers to do professional
level short-form improvisation, the following programs run in repertory
with the show ComedySportz.
- Battle-prov is a farm team of newer performers that are on the cusp of
being ready for ComedySportz, but are believed to be best suited by
time in this program. Battle-prov is a one year commitment and
sometimes performers in this program are invited to sit-in for
- Extended Company is a roster of performers that ComedySportz keeps on
file to fulfill client requests for performers of a specific "type" OR
in case appropriate work becomes available that Ensemble members are not
available to fill.
- Rec League FALL RUN is a remounting of our popular Summer program of
Rec League. This is program provides short-form performance experience
to bridge the gap between classes and enrollment in a farm team.
Thanks for your interest in ComedySportz!
The ComedySportz Theatre
773-549-8080 x 230
Published: August 12 2011
Chicago Comedy Theater Challenge Weekend
An event not to be missed! To help celebrate our 24th anniversary we're battling other comedy theaters from Chicago. Come support and cheer on Chicago's comedy scene during the weekend of Aug 25th at all three amazing shows!!
8/25 Thursday at 8pm- CSz vs. The Playground Theater's Big Yellow Bus
8/26 - Friday at 8pm & 10pm- CSz vs. Second City
8/27 - Saturday at 6pm, 8pm & 10pm- CSz vs. iO
6pm - CSz VS. Chaos Theory
8pm - CSz VS. The Reckoning
(Jake Schneider, Edie Pina & Charlie McCrakin)
10pm - CSz VS. Revolver